The importance of proper preparation
Preparation is of key importance for acquisitions, just as for selling a company or when raising capital. Clarifying the objectives, identifying the circumstances, planning the transaction and thinking over the post-acquisition steps to be taken all greatly contribute to achieve the objectives of the acquisition.
- Clarify acquisition objectives
- Find targets; preliminary analysis and assessment of the targets identified
- Assess market and legal conditions, as well as negotiating position
- Develop a negotiation strategy
- Identify financing options
- Overview of post-acquisition integration tasks